Training Courses - Course Information
SE-103 : Introduction to Systems Engineering
This three day course gives you an introduction to systems engineering. One and a half days of theory cover concepts, systems, life cycles, modeling, processes, standards and competencies, in line with the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook and the INCOSE Systems Engineering Competencies Framework. This is followed by a one and a half day practical workshop in which you apply the theory covered to the development of a real system undertaken in the framework of a systems engineering process based on ISO 15288.
- Provide an awareness of the principles and concepts inherent in systems engineering
- Enable attendees to appreciate systems engineering modeling techniques
- Understand the importance of systems engineering competency
- Give attendees experience in applying the theory to a real project
Attendees Will Learn
- Definitions of systems engineering
- Systems engineering best practice
- Key concepts of systems engineering: life cycles, process, systems and projects
- Systems modeling concepts
- How systems engineering competency can be assessed
Who Should Attend
- Those wanting to learn about the latest systems engineering concepts and approaches, or a manager responsible for systems engineering projects who wishes to gain an understanding of the processes and standards involved.
- A bound copy of all course slides Laminates which detail SysML diagrams and show how they are related, and how they can be used for process modeling
- A copy of the book ‘SysML for Systems Engineering’ by Prof. Jon Holt and Simon Perry
Half of the course involves presentation of key principles and concepts. The second half of the course is a tutor-led, group-based workshop.
- Systems Engineering Concepts
- Life Cycles
- System Engineering Workshop
- Systems Engineering Workshop